Friday, February 13, 2009

Switching to metal gears and roses

I know, I know... its been all about spinning and fiber lately. Who can blame me? Its been cold up until recently. Now that the weather's warming up a bit I've been focusing my attention back on my vintage sewing machines - and so should you.

I've taken my focus away from vintage Singer sewing machines for a moment, to take a look at Sears Kenmore machines. Yes, I said Sears. Their vintage "Kennies" deserve a second look. Don't believe me? Well just lookie here at my 1970s Kenmore 158.1040 "1040" machine. Its simply adorable! Straight stitch AND zigzag and a built in stretch stitch too! Comes with a flip up end table as well as a flip out front table/accessories box filled with goodies. C'mon, you know you love it.

**Be sure to click on the picture so you can see the cute carry case in the large photo. Its embossed with roses!**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! i have that machine. it is so cute! saving it for my DD.

V said...

It is! I just love all the little fancy stitches. I'm so used to a vintage machine being straight stitch only... this is a really pleasant change.