Monday, January 28, 2008

Whats Up?

Hello again. I've been so busy I haven't had time to write. My daughter and I took Biggs, our Chihuahua to his play date. He spent the day with his Chi friends, running, jumping, peeing and growling at another dog who was 10 times his size and weight. Fearless or stupid?

I also spent some time working my new NSI circular knitting machine. I gotta say, I was really excited when I got it. Now, not so much. I've managed to knit a few pieces but quickly began ripping them out again. Still, I can't get by without dropping stitches. The first try was my mistake. The yarn got tangled on the needles and I continued to crank away forcibly. The second time around (no pun intented), I was ever so careful not to get the yarn caught up, but, when I finished my piece it could have been mistaken for a chunk of green hairy swiss cheese. What a drag. I'll pick up the crank again soon...

I'm expecting a new circular machine, a vintage Mattel Knitting machine from the 70s. I won the auction on eBay, actually it was a best offer. The woman took forever to ship it and now I must wait - check FedEx - wait some more - check FedEx *ugh!*

No comments: