Tuesday, December 9, 2008

L.A.M.B.


I attended another funeral this week... Last night we said goodbye to baby Lauren Andrea Marie Baker (LAMB), born prematurely and surviving just 59 days in top neonatal care before her parents had to make the heart-wrenching decision to remove her from life support. Her Godfather shared with us that when she was removed from the machine that kept her vitals stable the assumption was that they'd have 5 or 6 final minutes with her before she expired, but God said, not so. Lauren's heart continued to beat for more than an hour afterwards! 112 minutes to be exact. This little fighter proved to everyone, doctors included, that she was no lamb but a roaring lion. She taught us that ALL things are in God's time and in His hands.

While I never had a chance to meet Lauren she'll always be a part of me in memory. I'll never forget the lessons of Lauren, the little lion who taught me more in 59 days than I've learned in 41 years.

Thank you Lauren Andrea Marie Baker AKA Lion.

1 comment:

Jadielady said...

Awww :( I have been to a premie infant's funeral, and I wholeheartedly agree. They teach you so much about strength and hope.