Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Feeling good

My new way of eating has certainly been going well. I've lost about 7 lbs. in 2 weeks by eating healthy and reading labels. Juicing has become my main source of nutrition. My skin has been glowy and smooth and the dark circles which had moved in beneath my eyes have been evicted. I feel really good too! Like, good inside and clear headed. Dairy and I have parted ways and I've discovered almond milk which is just yummy!

I did decide to test what would happen if I ate cooked food. I ordered stuff tilapia with stuffed shrimp, rice and veggies. It was delicious but bells were going off in my body the minute it hit my lips. After eating just half my meal I felt a heaviness in my gut that I hadn't felt since I started juicing. The next morning, I couldn't get out of bed. My back was in spasms and I felt like bubbles of gas were trapped throughout my body, mainly in my upper back. The slightest movement caused excruciating pain. I spent the day doubled over trying to move around and work those bubbles out of my body. Two days later I'm feeling much better but I'm leaving cooked food alone!

Breakfast this morning consisted of bananas, granola, cucumber and coconut milk all blended together with a handful of ice into a really delicious smoothie. Seriously, even my daughter enjoyed it. The high fat content from the coconut milk should keep me full most of the day. Coconut milk contains "good" fat and no trans fats. I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be so concerned about what I put into my body. Blessed with a high metabolism I've always eaten what I wanted when I wanted yet paid the price for it with a bloated gut or upset stomach. Learning to feed my body good fuels and to "eat to live" instead of "live to eat" is an invaluable lesson.

Do yourself a favor, eat something living and green today...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

RhettaRic said...

I'm wondering what you're doing re eating these days - or juicing, etc. I bought a juicer and use it very sporadically. Probably would have to do it mostly breakfast and lunch because my husband would revolt and expect a "real" dinner. Love to see an updated post on this and how you're juicing.