Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Before and After CSM Stool Pics

A little Salvation Army find: a vintage metal stool with green leather seat cushion. Only, I didn't realize the cushion seat was leather until I started cutting it away. Luckily, I salvaged the seat circle. I'll use it for something, maybe a pillow - one side knit, the other leather? Who knows...


The transformation: A new CSM stool workstation! Light and portable. I take it with me whenever I venture out to a knitting group and feel like showing off my cranking skills. Also works great for sitting on the couch and cranking while I watch American Idol. Jason's my Idol!

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

And I love this way of using an old metal stool! Where is the machine screwed to? The cross bars? Or have you made a wooden top for it?

(Want to try it myself, can't you tell?)