Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Great Idea For A CSM Travel Case

With so many people traveling to the 2008 Conference, I thought I'd share my take on a new rolling travel bag I purchased for my Legare. Its small, has a retractable handle, lots of compartments and 3 sizes of removable clear zippered pouches that attach to a backboard with velcro. The plus side - it doubles as a surprisingly strong seat. Its called the Seatcase by Karen Foster http://www.scrapbookexpress.com/sebykafo.html. To secure my CSM, I purchased a pack of pre-cut crib bumper foam pads from my local craft store. My daughter covered each bumper piece in fabric and sewed them closed along the edges. I used several pieces to line the inside of the case (all sides) overlapping at the backand bottom, and used the remaining pieces to wrap around the various parts of of my Legare. I'm able to fit the entire machine packed with the bumper cushions and lining, ribber, extra cylinder, a plastic shoebox of yarn, the weights, heel hooks, yarn mast, a wood bobbin and all my accessories into this case - with a nice secure fit. It even has a place for your drink bottle, cell phone, keysetc. You can find these cases online from $39.99 to $94.99 suggested retail price. HSN has them for $39.99. They come in four nice colors: blue, green, pink and black. Enjoy!

No comments: